Chirundu is a small town and border post in Zimbabwe on the border with Zambia, in the Mashonaland West province. The name Chirundu means “people following one another in a line or queue” probably referring to the crossing of the Zambezi river by bridge at Chirundu. The small town is located on the banks of the Zambezi river, and as a result it lies in the hot Zambezi Valley. It is the site of the Chirundu Bridges, two of only five road or rail bridges across the Zambezi river.
Chirundu is a popular fishing attraction amongst local Zimbabweans as it is on the mighty Zambezi River. You can catch an array of different fish species such as the fighting tiger fish, tasty bream fish and ubiquitous squeaker. The accommodation focuses primarily on providing a comfortable base for daily fishing expeditions.
Jecha Point is situated on the banks of the Zambezi River below Chirundu, on the Zimbabwean side. It’s a great place to experience the beauty of the middle Zambezi valley river system and it’s surrounds from the comfort of a quiet, wild and exclusive lodge.From candlelit dinners to afternoon sundowners on sandbanks, it is a full ‘unwind and relax’ package.
- The lodge can comfortably accommodate up to 12 guests.
- Fully catered and self catered options are available.
Tiger Safaris is one of the most established camps on the Lower Zambezi. Equipped with everything you need, you will not have to worry about anything. Situated on the banks of the Zambezi you will be able to relax, watch the herds of elephants and pods of hippos and have the opportunity to catch one of the most exciting fresh water fish in the world, the tigerfish.
- The main camp is made up of 5 beautiful chalets set on the banks of the Zambezi River.
- Each is able to sleep up to 6 and is equipped with everything that you need to be comfortable.
Halsteds Safari Lodge
Quietly nestled behind indigenous trees on the banks of the mighty Zambezi river, Halsted safaris offers fishermen luxury accommodation in the middle of the Nyakasanga area of Zimbabwe
- Each chalet can accommodate a maximum of 2 guests and a total of 8 guests in camp.
- Fishing trips are organised daily.
- The best fishing time is between September and March
Nyamoumba Fishing And Birding Lodge
Nyamoumba Fishing And Birding Lodge sits peacefully along the banks of the mighty Zambezi River, only 27km from the Kariba Dam wall and on the pinnacle of the Kariba Gorge merging with the main river. This newly constructed facility offers self catering lodges as well as campsites.
- Nyamoumba consists of 4 fully equipped and furnished en-suite lodges.
- There is centrally located communal lodge, which has a lounge, dining room and fully equipped kitchen (fridge, deep freeze and gas stove).